此次更新带来了稳定性改进、数百个 bug 修复和许多新功能，主要内容包括：
- USB stack rework, USB3 support added.
- In-kernel audio mixer (audio_system(9)).
- Reproducible builds (MKREPRO, see mk.conf(5)).
- Full userland debug information (MKDEBUG, see mk.conf(5)) available. While most install media do not come with them (for size reasons), the debug and xdebug sets can be downloaded and extracted as needed later. They provide full symbol information for all base system and X binaries and libraries and allow better error reporting and (userland) crash analysis.
- PaX MPROTECT (W^X) memory protection enforced by default on some architectures with fine-grained memory protection and suitable ELF formats: i386, amd64, evbarm, landisk, pmax.
- PaX ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) enabled by default on: i386, amd64, evbarm, landisk, pmax, sparc64.
- Position independent executables by default for userland on: i386, amd64, arm, m68k, mips, sh3, sparc64.
- A new socket layer can(4) has been added for communication of devices on a CAN bus.
- A special pseudo interface ipsecif(4) for route-based VPNs has been added.
- Parts of the network stack have been made MP-safe. The kernel option NET_MPSAFE is required to enable this.
- Hardening of the network stack in general.
- Various WAPBL (the NetBSD file system "log" option) stability and performance improvements.